This home was originally built in 1846 by Gen. Jerome B. Robertson. Gen. Robertson came to Texas in 1836 to join the fight for Texas independence. He first settled at Washington-on-the-Brazos & later relocated to Independence, where he built this home across from Baylor University. During the meticulous restoration process in 2004, no detail was left unnoticed: Every fireplace stone was numbered & re-assembled; Artifacts found were collected & preserved; Even the back porch was constructed w/ re-claimed lumber. The home now has 2 bedrooms each w/ a FP & full bath, large living room w/ FP, kitchen, office, & dog trot/entry. Modern conveniences include: a refrigerator enclosed in wood, dishwasher behind a cabinet door, indoor wash room, central heat & air vented thru the floor. Outside amenities include: an expansive back porch, a wisteria covered arbor w/ rock fireplace, authentic wood furniture & a nearby barbeque grill. From the large front porch you can view the old well & cistern.
Copyright © 2020, Houston Realtors Information Service, Inc. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed and should be independently verified.
The IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All information provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS and should be independently verified.
Listing information last updated on June 5th, 2020 at 1:40am CDT.